E-cigarette, or vaping, products can be used to deliver nicotine, cannabis (THC, CBD), flavorings, chemicals, and other substances. They are known by many different names and come in many shapes, sizes and device types. Devices may be referred to as
● E-cigs ● Vapes ● Vape pens, dab pens, and dab rigs ● Tanks
● Mods ● Pod-Mods ● Electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS)
● E-liquid is the liquid that is converted into an aerosol by an e-cigarette, or vaping, product. It is typically a mixture of water, food grade flavoring, a choice of nicotine levels, cannabis (THC, CBD), propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG).
● THC and terpenes (aromatic oils) are extracted from marijuana as THC concentrates, hash oil, and wax. These derived products, crumble, shatter, wax, and dry sift/kief, have a high dosage of THC.
● CBD is the main ingredient in hemp and the second main ingredient in marijuana after THC.
● Synthetic cannabinoids are a class of synthetic molecules that bind to cannabinoid receptors in the brain and body (the same receptors to which THC and CBD attach).
Users hack the mod system in order to create a bigger hit (amount) of the substance used. This is done by increasing the temperature used to heat the e-liquid. Dripping is when users expose the heating coils to “drip” liquids directly on the heating device and get a more flavorful and thicker cloud of aerosol.
Dripping is dangerous because it can expose users to higher levels of the substance (nicotine, cannabis) and to harmful toxins, such as formaldehyde and acetaldehyde, which are known carcinogens.
The e-cigarette aerosol that users breathe from the device and exhale can contain harmful and potentially harmful substances, including:
It is difficult for consumers to know what e-cigarette products contain. For example, some e-cigarettes marketed as containing zero percent nicotine have been found to contain nicotine.2
E-cigarettes are still fairly new, and scientists are still learning about their long-term health effects. Here is what we know now.
Most e-cigarettes contain nicotine, which has known health effects.
Besides nicotine, e-cigarette aerosol can contain substances that harm the body.
E-cigarettes can cause unintended injuries.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) collects data to help address this issue. You can report an e-cigarette explosion, or any other unexpected health or safety issue with an e-cigarette.
E-cigarettes are the most commonly used tobacco product among youth.
Most e-cigarettes contain nicotine, which is addictive and toxic to developing fetuses. Nicotine exposure can also harm adolescent and young adult brain development, which continues into the early to mid-20s. E-cigarette aerosol can contain chemicals that are harmful to the lungs. And youth e-cigarette use is associated with the use of other tobacco products, including cigarettes.
In this workshop you will learn how vaping affects the mental and physical health of the user, the myths and truths of vape pens and what to do if someone you know is using.
El Aumento del Fentanilo en Arizona - de la comprensión a la acción.
El gobernador declaró un estado de emergencia por opioides en 2017 debido a la cantidad de personas que sufrieron una sobredosis. Desde entonces, se ha realizado un seguimiento para registrar los tipos de sustancias en las sobredosis, así como el número de sobredosis.
La cantidad de píldoras falsificadas mezcladas con fentanilo incautadas por la Administración de Control de Drogas en Arizona aumentó en más del 1,000 por ciento:
De incremento de incautaciones de píldoras falsificadas